Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Party Planner

(me after a successful performance at the piano bar)


I am nothing, if not resourceful. I've recently been given the work responsibility of planning an upcoming event. One of our VP's is coming in to town and I was supposed to organize a happy hour where we could all meet, the VP could assure us that this is going to be a prosperous year and then we have munchies and drinks.


Originally, we had another event planned for Elsie's, but then that didn't work out. I suggested the hotel we use for our usual quarterly meetings, but was told that was too stuffy. Finally I came upone the perfect idea. The best bar in America, Nye's!! But no. Just because that jackass at Esquire pointed out that a door man was tragically shot last year, my people are afraid to go. It's not like people go into Nye's packin heat on a regular basis! How ignorant?! Besides, I was told Happy Hour. Not MEETING. We're so ending up at a bland Sheraton. The NorthStar and Martini Blu have been mentioned. A friggin' Lifetime Fitness BAR? Please kill me.

3 Comments:

At 7:23 PM , Blogger Jimmy Krocak said...

are you kidding me??! Happy, Schmappy. This sucks.

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Joy Estelle said...

I KNOW! We're going to have to go to some shitty dive just to thumb our gin blossomed noses at these people!

 
At 5:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I <3 the Sheraton! I'm crashing...
--Jlo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home