Monday, August 20, 2007

Moons over my Hammy



You have got to be kidding me! Some dude in Spain is creating what is supposed to be the finest ham this world has ever seen. The marketing genius, getting this news tidbit out so far in advance of when the "heavenly" piece of meat is set to go on sale (next Christmas.) At the same time, what the hell is he talking about? $2,000 bucks for a HAM? This is a pig we're talking about, right?
What if this is a sign of things to come? Lobster used to be considered peasant food and now it's the height of luxury! Could my tasty bacon be following suit? Could I be facing a future of $40 for a pound of the salty, fatty goodness? Would it then cease to be odd that I still save the bacon fat for cooking in? Bacon fat would be the new truffle oil! Theilen Meat Market will be the new Graceland!
Let's just hope that the huddled masses continue to be allowed access to the delicious meat of the swine. I'm gonna go get me a ham sandwich.

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM , Blogger justacoolcat said...

You should know in Spain they are crazy over ham. Seriously, crazy.

 
At 11:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thielen's also has a satellite store in Little Falls--easy on, easy off--for our marauding pleasure when we take the fast route to the cabin in September. Amen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home